Managing the Multi-Sector Workforce
On July 29, 2009, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued a Memorandum called, “Managing the Multi-Sector Workforce.” Click Here to view the Memorandum
The memorandum requires that agencies in-source all inherently governmental functions being performed by contract. It also directs agencies to examine whether the agency’s performance has suffered due to an over-reliance on the contract workforce.
The State Department’s Collaborative Strategy and Management Office (A/EX/CSM) is running the OMB-directed effort.
This office helps the Department comply with the following mandates:
- Managing the multi-sector workforce
- Congressional Mandates: In-sourcing Inherently Governmental functions
- Office of Federal Procurement Policy, Policy Letter 11-01 – Performance of Inherently Governmental and Critical Functions
- Service Contract Inventory (SCI)
- Federal Activities Inventory Reform (FAIR) Act